1. When your guy says it is over, you hear:
"Time to move on."
"It's not over. He's not breaking up with me."
"Maybe we can salvage some sort of friendship."
2. He says, "We need to talk," and you say:
"I'll clear out the afternoon."
"Okay, honey, maybe later or this weekend."
"Uh-oh, not good times for sure!"
3. Rumors are flying that he's cheating, you:
confront him and ask him straight out what the deal is.
say, "Never, he wouldn't cheat on me."
wait to hear some more, then go to him.
4. When he's talking, you've been known to:
look him in the eye.
watch TV and chew gum.
let your eyes wander the room and check your watch.
5. He mentions the prom but then seems to lose interest. You:
ask him if he is still interested in going.
just assume he'll bring it up again.
wait a bit, then forget about it.
6. When your boyfriend seems sad on the phone but says he's "fine," you:
go over just to make sure.
get mad that he won't tell you what's bothering him.
call later to check in.
7. Lately, he's been canceling plans at the last minute. You wonder:
"Maybe he is losing interest."
"Oh my gosh, he's cheating on me!"
"What am I doing wrong?"
8. You spend lots of time with his buds but he rarely hangs with your girls. You assume:
maybe he is hesitant to be around your buddies.
he hates your friends.
you're ready to share the time, so should he.
9. He wants some space after a bad breakup before getting involved. You think:
you're interested in more than just being his girlfriend and tell him you'll wait.
this stinks-he must be an emotional wimp.
maybe he'll get over her and then you can move in for the kill.
10. Your friends say he has a bad rep, but he swears his slate is clean. You:
take their advice and wait for him to make the next move.
think, that's right-you're just another one of his girls.
tell him it is time for him to prove himself.